Pages

Monday 21 August 2017

Maya | Experimenting with Textures | House | Wall and Roof | Attempt 1

As the idea I'd like to do consists of two houses and their back gardens as the main setting, I thought I'd use this opportunity to carry on practicing texturing. For now, I am trying some different brick textures and roof tile textures. Below is my first attempt. I feel like it was a success but I also feel that the textures I have opted for are too realistic for what I would like to go for. Next attempt will be trying to get a more unrealistic look for the bricks especially. Also I feel like some of the house should be re-modeled to look more un-realistic if I am aiming for a more 'cartoony' vibe.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you working Sam, however....Number one rule for texturing - Scale! Second rule...construction practices - Particularly in Architecture. How big are those bricks?...How wide is that door? Architecturally speaking your building is wrong...that's not how a house is constructed...where are the edge tiles on the roof for example. You shouldn't make that stuff up or get it wrong. There is too much reference around you and everyone can see that its wrong because they see it everyday. Get reference, take photos, buy a book about architectural scale / standard.

    ReplyDelete